Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: pismo won't start up- after deleting Mac osX
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:31 pm 

Hi,
My pismo 400 MHz won't start up. I installed Mac osX- 10.2 to use iPhoto- then we couldn't start in 9.0 where all our data is. I threw away the new system folder that had the 10.2 stuff in it. Now I can't start up at all. It boings and gets the happy face mac, but then just sits there. I tried disk repair and it says it was repaired successfully. The hardware test disk says it is ok, and I restored the system software, saving the original items (I hope). What do I do now? It will start with the CD, but not by itself.
Thanks-
Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

When you boot from the cd, go into your control panels, and then startup disk. Then select the system folder you want to boot from. If you successfully restored your software, then it will boot up from that after you restart. If not then you'll have the same symptoms. If that is the case, boot from the cd and save all of the files you need. Then reinstall the system software. That's your best bet.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]