Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Pismo keeps crashing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:42 am 
This came up on my MAC G3 Pismo (OS. OSX 10.2) lap top screen when it crashed.
« SYSTEM FAILURE : CPU=0 CODE=OOOOOOO1 (CORRUPT STACK)
Test Crash for CPU= 0
Exception State (sv=0xI2045A00)
PC= lots of letters ??? KSR= Lots more letters ??? DAR= Even more letters and numbers ect.
Backtrace :
Back trace terminated…… AND THEN IT CRASHED (Screen froze)
This is all I managed to copy onto a piece of paper BEFORE IT DIED

Now it Half boots then freezes with two broad white lines across the White screen with the Apple on it, or re-boots normaly then freezes 5 to 10 minutes later.
Anybody got any bright Ideas…..
Could it be the Hard drive, the Ram memory or the Logic board or what… ?
I’m looking for a cheap way of repairing it…OR THROWING IT OUT.
In between crashes I did manage to wipe my H/D and re-install again from CD…. but it still crashes. Technically speaking I could just about manage to replace the H/D or the RAM, but not the Logic board.
One last question/ If it’s the H/D.. can I use “any” ATA 2. 5 hard drive or does it have to be specific for MAC… I’ve seen a SAMSUNG 60GB 2.5 ATA for about 40€.
Thanks for any ideas…. David
Ps Since I wrote this It wont boot at all..... Just the white screen with the Apple and the twirling thing....Then it all freezes with the two broad white lines. Same for a H/D boot and CD Boot.

Post subject: Re: My Pismo keeps crashing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:12 am 
Site Admin

That is a memory error. I would try the RAM first. It could also be a problem with the cache on the processor board if switching out RAM doesn't do the trick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:51 am 
I pulled out the top memory stick put everything back together and re-booted..... took along time but finally worked....for 5 minutes as usual... Then I got the " hold the On/off botton down for several seconds" Did that and re booted but then it I could hear everything turning but the screen remained black. Turned it off and changed the bottom memory for the top one. Put everything back and....
Now Its Dead as a doornail. Wont even turn on ....
I did follow all the instrutions and use an antistatic strap....
But I suppose I must have touched something I shouldn't have.
Any other IDEAS..... david

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

You most likely don't have the processor card in good enough. You have to push down on it pretty hard for it to snap in place. If it isn't snapped in, it won't power on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:38 am 
justin-pbmedic wrote:
You most likely don't have the processor card in good enough. You have to push down on it pretty hard for it to snap in place. If it isn't snapped in, it won't power on.

Justin.... thanks that did the Trick.... ooof !
Now I'm running on 128Mb Ram...Just another question
Can I re-carbon clone my original sYstem 10.3.9 which I have backed up on an ext. firewire H/D ?. And HOW do I do it.
Last week between crashes!!! I reinstalled and Old 10.2 as it was the only CD I had avaiable at the time.
On my back up I have all my applications, (Fire fox, Photo shop iTunes and all my photos on iFoto ect.) I'll wait a couple of days to see if it all stays up and running!!!! then If you could explain how re-install my 10 .3
... once again a million thanks David

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 am 
Guest wrote:
justin-pbmedic wrote:

Justin.... thanks that did the Trick.... ooof !
Now I'm running on 128Mb Ram...Just another question
Can I re-carbon clone my original sYstem 10.3.9 which I have backed up on an ext. firewire H/D ?. And HOW do I do it.
Last week between crashes!!! I reinstalled and Old 10.2 as it was the only CD I had avaiable at the time.
On my back up I have all my applications, (Fire fox, Photo shop iTunes and all my photos on iFoto ect.) I'll wait a couple of days to see if it all stays up and running!!!! then If you could explain how re-install my 10 .3
PS. I forgot to ask.... should I wait untill I can find another RAM before re-cloning 128 seems a bit short ...it was already pretty slow with 2x128. This sound Logical ?Plug in my ext H/D the boot on ALT and choose the back up H/D... When and if it is up and running open my carbon cloner and Clone from Ext.H/D to target H/D pismo....
Hope I have enough space ???? I have 16GB free. IF all that works , what do I do with the 10.2 on the int.H/D .
Once again Thanks a million.. I was ready to throw the whole lot in the rubbish/// david

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]