Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: PowerBook Pismo 500 won't start up
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:34 pm 
My PowerBook won't start up. Hit the Power button and no response. Any ideas as to what I might try to get it to respond? Supposing it does respond again, then what do I do to prevent a recurrence of it's demise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Has the unit been dormant for any prolonged amount of time? If so, try unplugging the PRAM and booting up with it unplugged. If that works you need to replace your PRAM.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject: Pismo won't start
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:57 pm 
Thanks for your help. My PowerBook has been dormant for some time since I haven't been able to start it up, but it had been in regular use when the failure to respond to a push of the Power button first occurred. I tried unplugging the PRAM battery just now, but still get no response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 am 
Site Admin

If unplugging the PRAM doesn't fix your issue, the problem could be a number of issues from the Power adapter to the processor. You would need to have the unit professionally diagnosed at that point.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]