Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pismo wont start after harddrive upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 am 
I upgraded my original 6GB harddrive with the Hitachi 120 GB drive last night. It seemed pretty simple following the instructional from powerbookmedic, but I must have screwed something up. When I put it all back together the computer will not even start up. Its like its dead but there is power because the caps lock light works..lol. I took the thing apart and tried going back to the old drive which didn't work either. I noticed that sometimes when I connect the drive that it either 1, starts and stays spinning, 2 does not spin up, or 3 spins briefly until the connector is pressed down and then stops. I notice also that the processor does not seem as tight as when I originally pulled it out. I was afraid to push down hard though. Maybe I'm not getting the proccessor in right? Help.....arrrghhh. Thanks in advance for any tips. Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:18 am 
Site Admin

You are probably not pushing the processor down hard enough. A lot of people are afraid to break the processor by pushing on it, but if you don't push hard enough it won't connect properly. Push down on the right hand side of the processor where the connector is, and that should fix you up.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject: Computer not starting after hard drive upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:16 am 
Thanks, I will try that. Will I feel it snap into place, or anything like that? Also, is it strange that the drive starts running when I connect it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Sometimes you can feel it noticably snap into place, othertimes you won't. It would be normal for the HD to still get power.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]