Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pismo not starting
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:40 am 
Hi,

I have a Pismo 400 that will not start up. The symptoms are the same as those described by dc429uk in his post from June 30 so I copied part of his description below. The computer becomes warm if left on and the caps-lock and num-lock lights work. the battery also charges OK.

The reason I write is that my powerbook started 1 time about 2 days after this problem began without any physical intervention and ran for about 40min before everything went suddenly black. I am not sure if this indicates something more definate ... I have had the issue with the screen going almost black a few times in the past months, but after restarting everything was OK.

I should be able to swap processors to see if it that today and am hoping that it is the problem as it would be easy to replace....

thank you,

Rees

from dc429uk, June 30------------------------------------------

The Symptom:

No bootup, black screen, no bootup sound; but the CPU or hard disk is still making whispered Running noise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Most likely the problem is the processor. It's a common problem. I'd swap out the processor before I did anything else. We sell them at our online store.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]