Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Pismo not booting
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:27 pm 
Over a year ago I had an accident with my Pismo involving liquid running down the left side of the screen. When I attempted to shut it down I got fireworks on the screen, lots of crackling, then nothing. Trying to boot up after that yielded only faint signs of life - some clicking and whirring, no LED, nothing on the screen, no chime.

After reading some posts here I thought the Logic Board might be the damaged component. When I had some extra cash recently I ordered one and made the replacement. (At the same time, I ordered 128 M more memory and put it into the unoccupied side of the processor.) I also replaced the PRAM battery.

Eveything is back together. The battery seems to charge, but I still don't get a chime or an LED. The screen, however, is now backlit, so there is progress - but still no boot-up.

Did I make a mistake installing the extra RAM? Is the processor board perhaps damaged as well?

Jeff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]