Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: dead or ....?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:12 pm 
The Symptom:
Not bootup, black screen, no proper bootup sound; but the CPU or hard disk is still making whispered Running noise. B4 it totally dead, I had a solution" to boot my laptop by gently pressing (like CPR) on the CPU (open up the keyboard and press on the mental plate ;1-2 times)> high chance to start it up again. There was also some problems when I moved the PB around; the screen turn to dim but I can still see my desktop, just totally dark. I ensured that the battery fully charged.
I have installed the "battery checker" and no luck. Indeed my clock always works properly> it seems not the PRAM issue...

What should I do? MAny thx for ur Professional advice.

Like most of the ppl; I did reseated the micoprocessor instead of the "CPR" b4 I posted the previous message ... but this time it totally failed no matter How firmly I press and times I reseat; looks like it totally dead. (actually, is any way to confirm the CPU sit properly?)

One more Question: is any way to check if the micoprocessor or the motherboard problem?

Many many THX@!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

It definitely sounds like your processor / motherboard has failed. There is no easy way to tell if it has failed. The easiest way is by swapping parts.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]