Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead Pismo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:05 am 
A while back I spilled coffee on my desk and some got into the computer. I immediately dried it out and it seemed to work fine. Some oddness in that it wouldn't boot off battery, but would run off battery once booted (just showed no indication of the battery). Also the battery drains really fast. But just before it died it didn't have that problem anymore and seemed to work fine with the exception of short battery life.

I've had some local techs take a look at it and they seem to have tried to replace everything and nothing would work, I ended up buying a processor from you guys and still no go?

All the computer did was boot (get power) but the LED for the monitor won't come on and now it doesn beep when it starts anymore either? I'm so confused and I just want to get it fixed and over with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

What are the exact symptoms you were having. If you spilled coffee into the unit, then odds are your logic board is damaged in some way.

-Bradley
powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: Dead Pismo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:36 pm 
Checked out that other guys problems with the processor not being fully seated. His symptoms matched mine to the tee. Went back in and pushed the processor down and all was well. Thanks.

Sean

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]